I really do have Flash installed.
What follows is a plain HTML version of the puzzle.
3.2 How Humans Influence
BC Science 10
1. An ecosystem where the soil is waterlogged for all or part of the year.
5. Process that makes change possible in living things.
10. A huge, rapidly moving ocean wave, usually caused by a large earthquake or underwater volcanic eruption.
12. This usually occurs when there is a below-average amount of precipitation in an area over a period of many months or years.
13. The practice in which forests are logged or cleared for human use and never replanted.
14. This type of succession occurs in an area where no soil exists, such as on bare rock.
15. Soil _____ reduces the movement of air, water, and soil organisms between the particles, all of which are essential for soil health.
16. Changes that take place over time in the types of organisms that live in an area.
17. Term used to describe lichens and other plants that are the first organisms to survive and reproduce in an area.
2. The dying out of a species.
3. The change from a common ancestor into a number of different species that “radiate out” to inhabit different niches.
4. This occurs in coastal areas, rivers, and lakes, when the volume of water exceeds the ability of the water body to contain it.
6. The process of primary succession leads to the development of a mature community, which is sometimes called a _____ community.
7. Habitat _____ is the division of habitats into smaller, isolated fragments.
8. Soil _____ can occur when water and wind erosion removes topsoil from bare land.
9. The introduction of chemicals, toxins, wastes, or micro-organisms into the environment in concentrations that are harmful to living things.
11. Giant pandas are an _____ species in China. This is mostly due to deforestation.